Phi Theta Kappa (PTK) is the only scholastic honor society recognized by the American Association of Community and Junior Colleges. Phi Theta Kappa recognizes and encourages scholarship, the development of leadership and service, and cultivates fellowship among students at Phoenix College and colleges throughout Arizona and the United States.
General Meetings for all Members (August 31, 2009)
Mondays, 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm (2xs a month) Hannelly Center Lower Floor HC4
What are the benefits of membership? Membership in Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society will open new doors for your academic journey. The organization offers a myriad of opportunities for scholarships, intellectual enrichment, and personal development through programs based on Phi Theta Kappa’s four hallmarks of:
As a member, your academic excellence will be recognized with the Golden Key Membership Pin, membership certificate and identification card, notation of membership on your diploma and transcripts and the privilege of wearing regalia at graduation that sets you apart as a Phi Theta Kappa member.
What are the membership requirements?
- you must be enrolled Phoenix College
- you must have completed at least 12 hours of coursework that may be applied to an associate degree (part-time students may be eligible);
- you must generally have a grade point average of 3.25;
- you must receive an invitation to membership from the chapter at the college where presently enrolled (invitations will be sent to your student G-mail in September);
- you must adhere to the moral standards of the society.