Beginning in July 2010, Maricopa Community College students will have two new options for receiving student refunds: direct deposit to an existing bank account or a Visa® prepaid debit card. Even though you may still choose to receive a paper check, we are encouraging all students to take advantage of the many benefits of selecting direct deposit or the Visa prepaid debit card. Log on to my.maricopa.edu for details regarding the advantages of “going paperless” with these two new fast and convenient payment options.
If you are entitled to a refund, you will receive a notice in your Maricopa Gmail™ account providing you with directions on how to enroll in the Maricopa Student Refund Program (MSRP). The first notices are scheduled to be sent to students on or about July 8, 2010.
Please note that prepaid debit cards and paper checks will be mailed to the address on record in your Student Center located at my.maricopa.edu. Be sure to update your mailing address in the Student Center to ensure timely receipt of payments.
Maricopa Student Refund Program (MSRP) Prepaid Card Frequently Asked Questions
- Overview What is the Maricopa Student Refund Program (MSRP) Prepaid Card? Students eligible to receive a financial aid refund may receive payments on an MSRP Prepaid Card. This is not a credit card. It is a prepaid Visa® card accepted at any store or ATM where Visa debit is accepted. Student payments will be automatically deposited to the card and can be used immediately.
- Why the card? The MSRP Prepaid Card is faster, safer and more flexible than checks. Payments are loaded electronically and can be used immediately. That means no more trips to the bank or check cashing fees, and it doesn’t require a bank account. And because it’s a prepaid card, it doesn’t affect your credit.
- How do I enroll? Eligible students will receive an email with easy steps for enrolling. Students will need to opt in to receive the card and verify a mailing address.
- Using the Card Where can I use my card? Your card works much like other prepaid or debit cards. Use it wherever Visa is accepted – online, over the phone, at grocery stores, gas stations, retail stores, restaurants, medical offices, on campus, etc. You may even purchase textbooks.
- Is the Maricopa Student Refund Program (MSRP) Prepaid card a credit card? No. It is a prepaid Visa card. It can only be used up to the available balance, and it does not affect your credit.
- Fees Are there fees at ATMs? There is NO fee when getting cash at any Citibank network ATM. There is a $3.00 per withdrawal fee when used at ATMs outside the Citibank network. Depending upon the non-Citi ATM machine used, the ATM provider may impose charges for your transaction that are in addition to the ATM Fees listed above. To find the Citibank network ATM nearest you, go to: http://go.mappoint.net/citibankV2/Index.aspx.
- Are there fees when making purchases? There are no fees when making ‘CREDIT’ purchases wherever Visa debit is accepted. There is a $0.50 fee if you choose ‘DEBIT.’ If you do not have sufficient funds when making a purchase and your purchase is declined, there is a $1.50 fee per decline.
- Can I use this card to pay tuition fees? Yes. There is no cost to use the card to pay tuition fees.
- Who can I contact if I have enrolled but not received my card?
If you have not received your card within 5 business days of enrolling please contact the toll-free 24/7 multilingual Customer Support team at 866-326-8689 or firstname.lastname@example.org.