Employment Opportunity: Part Time, Temporary Library Assistant
Start date: August 9, 2010
Deadline for applications: Wednesday, July 7, 2010
Provide varied customer and technical service tasks at the paraprofessional level in a library. Assist library users at multiple service desks. Candidate should have excellent customer service and communication skills and enjoy working with the public.
• Provide customer service – title lookup, answer phones, material check out and renewal, borrower record maintenance, fine payment, study room booking, assist users with computers, software, printing, email accounts, online class access.
• Assist staff with material processing, shelving, and other miscellaneous duties, both independently and under the direction of a supervisor.
• Other similar duties and assignments.
Knowledge and Skills Desired
• Good computer skills
• Customer service skills
• Ability to follow written and verbal directions
• Maintain professional attitude
• Ability to communicate policies and procedures
• Experience working with an online integrated library system
• Experience providing customer service
• Experience working in a library/lab setting
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
(24 Hours Weekly)
8:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday
$12.50 per hour
Not benefits eligible
Please email resume with professional references to:
Supervisor Library Access Services
Applicant will be contacted if being considered for an interview.
Note: If you are a full-time employee within the Maricopa County Community College District you are ineligible to apply for this position.