Employment Opportunity: Coordinator of Fiscal Services
Salary Range $43,662.00 - $51,849.00
Title: Coordinator of Fiscal Services
Job ID: 11343
Location: Phoenix College
Department: College Business Services
Hours: Monday - Friday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Work Calendar: 12 months
Note: This position begins July 1, 2011.
Provides supervision to the Fiscal Office personnel. Monitors the integrity and accuracy of financial transactions for procurement, travel and invoicing. Provides leadership for the daily functions of the Fiscal Office.
50% - Hires, trains and evaluates assigned staff; performs purchasing duties in the approval of requisitions, creation of limited purchase orders and enforcement of procurement procedures; approves expenditures against established budget allocations
10% - Prepares and enters journal vouchers, budget transfers and other general on-line accounting functions
10% - Approves travel requests and related claims, and assures proper accounting of Professional Growth funds
10% - Prepares spreadsheets, reports and analyses of financial information; assists personnel in understanding on-line financial information through group and individual training and assistance; researches problems and provides answers
10% - Acts as liaison with various district departments such as legal and purchasing regarding items such as, certificates of insurance, vendor registration, contracts, conflict of interest, etc.
10% - Performs other related duties as assigned.
- College degree and/or experience in a college cashier/fiscal office
- Experience with the principles and practices of fund accounting and budgeting
- Experience with institutional purchasing practices and procedures
- Experience analyzing, interpreting, and preparing financial reports
- Supervisory experience
- Excellent written communication skills
- Bachelor's or higher degree in Accounting, Business Administration or a related field from a regionally accredited institution
- Three (3) or more years of supervisory experience
- Three (3) or more years of fiscal/cashiering experience working in an educational setting interacting with faculty, staff, and students
- Peoplesoft experience.
Special Working Conditions
May require prolonged monitor viewing; some evenings and weekends; local travel; possession of a valid State of Arizona Class D Driver's License is required; must meet district minimum standards regarding driving: http://www.maricopa.edu/legal/rmi/vehicle.htm#requirements
Job Posting Expires: 4/22/2011. Applications can be submitted through the MCCCD HR website at: