The purpose of the Maricopa Colleges Foundation Women's Philanthropy Circle is to create resources and raise funds to diminish barriers to higher education for MCCCD women students. In doing so, the WPC will cultivate women as philanthropists.
The Women's Philanthropy Circle invites applications for the WPC Scholarship. Five students will be awarded $1,000 each for the Spring, 2011 semester based on the following criteria:
* ·attended at least one semester at a Maricopa Community College;
* · earned at least a 2.5 cumulative grade point average;
* ·are enrolled in the semester for which the scholarship will be awarded for at least 6 credit hours;
* ·can describe barriers to their success in college; (there will be an additional question on the application to cover this)
* · and, are a resident of Maricopa County.
Scholarship awards are potentially renewable; recipients are asked to apply each academic year.
As part of the WPC Mission to cultivate women as philanthropists so they can one day reach back to help other women, scholarship recipients will be expected to:
* participate in Women’s Philanthropy Circle events; and
* speak to groups about how the scholarship has helped them to achieve their educational goals.
Applications must be submitted on-line before Dec. 5, 2010 through the STARS system of the Maricopa Colleges Foundation.