~ Deadline is April 1st, 2010 ~Who Can Apply?
- Incoming freshman or continuing students ages 18-25, raised through the child welfare system and having no form of financial support (A person who has experienced time in the child welfare system may have lived in an institution such as group home, child protection agency, special facility for children, and/or with a foster family)
- College-age youths and adults with physical disabilities
- Adults 25 years of age or older who have dependents in their household
- Applicants must qualify for one of the above AND meet all of the following criteria
- Be working toward their first college degree
- Be a U.S. Citizen and a resident of Arizona
- Have a family income no higher than 80% (approx. $41,250) of the median income for Maricopa County
- Have no more than 24 college-level, degree applicable credits
Information and applications can be downloaded or completed online at: www.maricopa.edu/studentaffairs/NMPLS/Nina
Only completed applications will be reviewed. All forms include application, FAFSA, recommendation letters, essay and unofficial transcripts.
Maricopa Community Colleges
Nina Scholars Program
Division of Academic and Student Affairs
2411 West 14th Street
Tempe, Az 85281
The Nina Scholars Program is funded by the Nina Mason Pulliam Charitable Trust.