Phoenix College is piloting Maricopa on Facebook, a social media application developed by Inigral, Inc. to provide an interactive community for ALL Maricopa students, faculty and staff. Members can join in discussion communities and share common interests in specific areas such as sports & outdoors, lifestyle & beliefs, and hobbies & interests. Members can also affiliate with college clubs or other organizations that help to further focus interests. Students can also access their class schedule and locate classmates that have registered in Maricopa on Facebook.
For identification purposes this application requires the use of an MEID as well as a personal Facebook account. The application will connect with the Facebook profile photo but will keep personal wall posts and other private information separate from the Maricopa on Facebook account.
To get started, you use your existing Facebook account. If you don’t have an account, go to www.facebook.com and follow the sign-up instructions.
- Log into your existing Facebook account at www.facebook.com
- Go to: facebook.maricopa.edu > Enter your MEID and click Sign-Up
- On the next screen, click the Allow button
- Enter your student email address
- Check for confirmation in your student email account accessed through my.maricopa.edu
- Follow the prompts to finish the setup
- Complete your profile by adding interests and affiliations.
- Take it one step further…introduce yourself and tell others what’s on your mind.
Next time you want to access Maricopa on Facebook, just enter facebook.maricopa.edu or access through your personal Facebook account under the Maricopa Community Colleges personalized link.
- Community: Find discussions focused on your stated interests and affiliations and access the Q & A section.
- Home: Start a discussion, view all wall posts or view only those from your friends or about your interests.
- People: View new members, make new friends with similar interests, locate classmates and find Facebook friends.