Monday, July 26, 2010
Position: Full Time/Temporary Student Service Specialist Phoenix College
Student Services Specialist
Phoenix College- Early Outreach
Full time, Temporary position
(Due to the hours required this is not a student worker position)
Start date: Immediate
Deadline for applications is Friday August, 13, 2010.
Under the supervision of the Director of Early Outreach provides one-stop college student services access for students enrolled in high school early outreach programs. Services include but not limited to: admissions, placement testing, financial aid information, academic advisement, registration, community education and referrals to related services. This position has significant responsibility for advising high school students and parents regarding the college's student services functions and is the primary liaison between PC, participating high schools, students and parents. This position has major responsibilities for coordinating and providing services for high school students and their parents as well as tracking students' academic progress from high school graduation through the community college transfer process to the university.
• Receive and review program applications to determine eligibility into programs.
• Maintain and compile program statistical data and provide academic advisement to program participants
• Coordinate program orientations and outreach events with other key principals in the program.
• Provide career counseling to program participants.
• Perform outreach and recruitment activities to promote the college and its programs, and participate in activities to support retention of program participants and the college's students.
Knowledge and Skills Desired
• Experience working in an educational institution, and familiar with multiple student services areas
• -Knowledge of computer software including but limited to Microsoft Office Suite, database/spreadsheet applications, and internet applications
• -Experience working with diverse and at-risk populations
• -Experience working independently
• -Ability to prepare, maintain, and interpret statistical data
• -Experience coordinating, planning, and executing various recruitment and retention activities
• Bachelor's degree preferred
• Experience working in a one-stop service environment
• Experience in program delivery to high school students
• Experience developing and maintaining external partnerships
• Bilingual skills in Spanish preferred but not required
(32-40 Hours a Week)
8:00 AM – 5:00 PM Tuesday through Thursday
8:00AM- 2:00PM Saturday*
*Will be required to work Saturdays or extended hours
$14.50 / hour
Applications can be returned to:
Office of Early Outreach
1202 West Thomas Rd
Phoenix, AZ 85013
Attention: Yvonne Tapia
OR in person at the HC Building- Lower Level (HC3)
Interviews will be scheduled after reference checking is completed.
You will be contacted within two weeks of us receiving your application if selected for an interview.
Include a resume and at least two references (Business Name, Supervisor Name, & Contact Phone Number). Applications received without the reference information will not be considered for an interview.